There is a specific process for potential students. The steps include:
- Please read the articles on this website’s pages: ‘About / Interest in Study Here‘. And this FAQ page.
- Send an email stating you have completed Step #1 and would like to pursue training here.
- Once we receive your email we will reply back to you and set up a time to meet in person and discuss the training here, and your training goals. This is usually at a coffee shop at a convenient location.
- Once scheduled to visit and observe training here, you will be asked to watch three full classes. This gives you a chance to see what training is like – it may or may not be what you expect. It also gives the other students here a chance to meet you. When observing, the expectation is you will stay for the whole class, and you will actually be observing – not texting, reading etc. Membership is not automatic. A judgement will be made based on you being be a good fit here.
Lastly, a suggestion when observing any potential martial training here or elsewhere, ask yourself these three questions:
- Do you like the martial art training activity and find it interesting?
- Do you like the way the students interact with one another?
- Do you like the way the teacher interacts with the students?
If the answer is ‘no‘ to any one of these questions, you are probably better off continuing your search elsewhere.